Between The V and The W

Is a story: Of life, of love, of politics, of anything that crosses this head of mine.

Links
KBW
<< # Kenyan Blogs ? >>
Other things
Other things
cerebral palsy attorneys
cerebral palsy attorneys
Other things
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Ati nani?
I've decided that am a perfectionist. I just aren't comfortable with the way things are. I always see things as they should be, never as they are. Somebody called me a philosopher, a futurist.

Bad habit really,

The never sure its ok....

Thats why am a little pissed at the world.

Hey, its my space, My rants are mine.

God and Love:

Two of the most difficult things to fathom. On one hand, some people find their relationship to God so easy (i think..)

Am basically struggling.

Baby steps they tell me.

The Bible tells me, obey,
My Employer tells me, wait, don't go just yet.

You see, i did a stupid thing the other day:

Carnal sin NUMERO UNO:

Do not tell your employer that you are leaving! just go!

So the story got out because the person i told told his superiors, who told their superiors, who then got their other juniors into trouble and started to question the contractual terms.

Lesson:
The contract is important critical so read the fine print (twice already) and have it looked at by a third party before you append your excited, sweaty and shaky signature on the dotted line.

Basically am in limbo - the state of existence where you are caught between a job that you are not sure you're going to quit, and a job you're not sure you're going to begin.

The Bible says, patience and long-suffering are admirable qualities.

Am just crossing my fingers, and biting the remnants of the former, as i contemplate the not or whether, or whether or not (the KTN presenter) style of life.

Being a Christian is harder than not being one. I think thats the reason why the devil wears prada?.... ok no digression - why so many of us prefer to not do good by God (notice i didn't say "do bad")

Small things that had grown into the psyche, like ogling women.. oops confession -- become sinful and guilt fills the heart, and its a constant struggle just to avert the gaze and think clouds.

Language also is easier said, maybe i notice this things more acutely since i am willing my heart to change. I notice even the slightest vulgarity that flows out of my mouth with a certain guilt.

I read somewhere that change is not a drastic turn-around, but the choosing of a different path, so as i create new tracks through the thicket of sin, uncertainty, weakness, sloth et al, the temptation to stick to the easier to travel roads, forever beckons.

In the mat was a sticker reading that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. I hope that as the days move by, my faith will become stronger than my will and i will be able to walk in HIS Glory and let it shine through me.

Granted, i have seen His Hand, literally, in my daily walk, and - believe it or not, Tithing Does Work!

To this end, i wake up every day with the feeling at the back of my head telling me that i am robbing God - Because i haven't paid my tithe for TWO MONTHS! i can give all the flimsy excuses, lakini its something i aim to clear up before this debt burden becomes too much, else i will not feel happy to go to church.

I finally managed to install the Holy Bible on my phone, (which was a daunting procedure by the way), and i Try (lord , i try) to read it when am epecially feeling down. nothing beats the surprise of opening the Bible to a random place and read a scripture that speaks to yur situation.

I remember one day, some years ago when my friend and i were at this lady's house, just chilling and plotting on "how to get her" when i spotted a Bible laying somewhere on the floor. I picked it up and opened and Voila, there it was:

"to be continued
"
posted by Sammie @ 4:53 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Selerines said…

    Hi friend... I am from India. Your blog looks pretty cool and nice. I am interested to share my link with you. Are you interested my friend? Please visit my blog frequently and keep in touch there!!!! I hope you will accept my request. If you are interested, then please comment in my blog. Thank you!!!!

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger Girl in the Meadow said…

    hey Sammie, you are back i see. Interesting post only if you could tell me how to install the bible in my phone.

    p/s you are asking yourself too many questions

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Sammie said…

    Hey shi.. Yup, am having some free time in this new job-o-mine. Lemmi concantenate the info about how to install software on the different phones then i'll post.

    *i can't believe i used the word concantenate in a normal sentence!*

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Sammie
Home: Nairobi, Kenya
About Me: Definitely not your average Jack. Love God, music, challenges and fun. Not as young as i would wish but not as old as you'd expect. Ha!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER